How to Make Cold Process Soap For Sensitive Skin.
Last time, I tackled about doing a DIY face mask for prevention of pimples and acne. Today, I would be talking about how to make a cold process soap for sensitive skin in the solace of your home.
Hence why I got hooked on making my own personal soap? It’s for the reason that I often get breakouts when I try any different soaps in the market not because of the natural ingredients in it, simply because of the other chemicals and preservative that they use of the content of the soap making process. I was fun of producing my own batches of personal soap because I know all the ingredients I put on my recipes and I know what specific ingredients suitable for my skin type. My skin is a little bit tender when it comes to whitening soap so I really make sure I am using the right one for me that’s why I am always hooked on making handmade cold process soap in my home.
WHAT IS COLD PROCESS SOAP?
Cold process soaps are made by blending exact measurements of oils or fats with lye mixture, mixing in fragrance and additives and pouring into a prepared mold. Saponification happens right in the mold, usually in about 24hours though the soap should cure and harden for 4 to 6 weeks before it is ready to use and sell.
So here in this article, I’m proceeding to share you all of my favorite cold process handmade soap making recipes. One of which is called Choco with Green Tea Beauty Bar. This recipe is pure natural except the lye in it, but as far as I know, Although lye can be harsh by itself and takes in many safety considerations, there is no lye left in a finished bar of soap.
So Lets proceed with the making of one of my cold process soap recipes..
What you need:
6 oz. Coconut Oil
6 oz. Palm Oil
6 oz. Olive Oil
1 oz Argan Oil
7 oz. Water
3.0 oz. Lye
1.4 ounces of fragrance
1 table spoon grean tea powder
Mold (9.5″ x 5.25″)
3 small containers
2 medium containers
Prep: First, prep your by lining it. Make sure all of your ingredients are fully weighed out. Measure by weight for soap making recipes.
1. In a ventilated area, with your gloves and googles on, carefully prepare your lye water by adding the lye to the water. Stir until the mixture turns the water clear. Use the stainless whisk to stir with.
2. Melt and Combine all of your oils together..
3. Slowly and Carefully, still with safety equipment on, add the lye mixture to the oils and stick blend 10 to 15 seconds. Move the stick blender around the entire mixture and turn it on in a short bursts.
4. Once you’ve achieved a lovely pudding trace, add in your fragrance oil and hand stir well.
5. Once your mixture has reach light trace, separate the mixture into a different container and stick blend in 1 table spoon of green tea powder for 5 seconds. This will make a beautifully dark brown and rick chocolate color.
6. Pour soap into your mold, cover then wrap a towel around the soap to insulate it.
7. Uncover the soap in 24hours and gently lift out of the mold. Once the soap is cut, place the soap in a well ventilated area with lots of good air flow for 4-6 weeks, turning once per week to ensure all sides dry and cure evenly.
BENEFITS YOU WILL GET FROM THE FINISHED BAR.
Olive oil, Coconut Oil and Argan Oil in the soap ingredients are very rich in vitamins, minerals and natural fatty acids. It’s also convenient for a sensitive skin. Olive oil is a powerful ingredient of anti-aging skin care products; rich in antioxidants, it prevents skin aging, the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, it also nourishes, rejuvenates and protects the skin. Rich in vitamin E and A, extra virgin olive oil helps prolong youth, hydrates the skin, maintains its elasticity and softness. Also, Olive oil, Coconut Oil and Argan Oil helps skin cells to regenerate.
Love you Loves! XOXO,
I only recommend products that I personally tried and tested, but please note that although some products or services I tried may work for me in any case may not work for you or vice versa. You know we have different type of body's metabolism and we are born of different mothers. 🙂 Business Proposal are welcome, but all my thoughts about the product featured in this blog either sponsored or not is 100% unbiased and all opinions are honest.
AMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSURE:
TINROMANPH.COM is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com